The Intown Fund
To provide students with the education they need to explore, think, and thrive, Intown Community School runs on tuition and grows on donations. The Intown Fund is the school’s only annual fundraiser. All members of our community are asked to make an annual, tax-deductible gift to Intown Community School.
The Intown Fund exists thanks to the generous support of our community of parents, faculty and staff, trustees, grandparents and friends. Our goals for the 2023-24 "Gift of Grace" Intown Fund Campaign are:
- Participation from 95% of our families
We have three primary purposes for these funds:
- Help ensure our school can attract and retain phenomenal educators by offering professional development opportunities for our teachers. For this year, our goal is to get all of our K-2 teachers Orton Gillingham training.
- Upgrade outdated technology in the classrooms.
- Support tuition assistance programs to make an Intown education an option for more families.
This year, we're also looking to invest in upgrading our indoor and outdoor classroom spaces and provide memberships to professional organizations and community resources for our teachers. We invite every member of our community to prayerfully consider a gift to the Intown Fund!
"You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God." 2 Corinthians 9:11
Online gifts can be made as one-time donations or set up to recur weekly-monthly, etc.
If you would prefer to mail a check rather than give online, please make the check payable to Intown Community School, noting it is for The Intown Fund. Mail to: Intown Community School c/o Amy Choate, 2059 Lavista Road, Atlanta, GA 30329.
The Qualified Expense Credit was passed into Georgia Law in 2008 which provides tax credits to Georgia taxpayers who want to support educational opportunities for families seeking alternatives to public schooling. The funds are disbursed to Intown School through Apogee, our Student Support Organization (SSO), on a first-come, first-served basis. The window for 2024 is now closed, so please log on in August 2024 to sign up at www.apogee123.net. Please contact the Business Office for more details about ways to participate in the Qualified Expense Credit program or to apply for a scholarship.
Ways to Support
We ask you to pray for the students, faculty, and staff. Pray for positive and growing relationships with our Lord and each other. Pray for special events and for the day-to-day operations of our school.
We rely on volunteers to make our school run successfully and keep our tuition costs down. Parents and grandparents can volunteer to serve in any of the following capacities:
- Classroom Hosts
- Field trip drivers
- Reading to students
- Helping on special days such as the Middle Eastern Feast and E-Days
- School-wide activities such as Grandparents’ and Special Friends’ Day, Esprit de Corps, Variety Show, Fall Family Picnic, substituting, and many other opportunities
Please contact Lane Wall at email@example.com to get connected!